Publishing Design - Project 1


27/08/2019 - 17/09/2019 (Week 01 - Week 04)
Kitty Lai Yung Syn (0331933)

Publishing Design - Project 1 :Content Generation


LECTURE 2
27/08/2019
In this week 2, Mr Vinod taught us about format. During the lecture, we have observed how were historical formats worked in different regions. By looking at different medium used in the past, we learned that how people in the old days bind pages and books in many ways. Furthermore, the people have tried out so many mediums to preserve the history of their culture.




LECTURE 3
03/09/2019
Last week, we have learned about variety of medium used back in the ancient days. This week we got to learn the history of print. It was very interesting to see how different regions print books according to their language writing system.




LECTURE 4
17/09/2019
In week 4, we were lectured about grid. We have learned that how grid can make a context look neat, eye pleasuring and consistent.




INSTRUCTION


PDF File 


PROJECT 1 - CONTENT GENERATION

Week 2 
In this week, we were showing Mr Vinod what we content we have chosen for our book. The requirement of the content has to be at least 3000 words. This week, I found a story for my book. It is about a love story. I found this story online.

Title: Love me: A Short Story
Link to the story: https://www.wattpad.com/56446613-love-me-a-short-story-3000-words

Figure 1. Love Me: A Short Story


Week 3
This week I have come out with a new topic, which is K Beauty. I have collected different data from several websites.

Title: Love me: Ms K-Beauty
Here are the 3 links of the main content used:
  1. What is K-Beauty?
    https://www.elle.com/uk/beauty/skin/a25415/k-beauty-what-is-it-korean-beauty-10-step-beauty-cleansing-skincare/
  2. K-Beauty: Everything You Wanted To Know About Korean Beauty
    https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/what-is-korean-beauty-k-beauty
  3. Why Korean Beauty
    https://www.peachandlily.com/pages/why-korean-beauty

Week 4
In this week, we have started to illustrate our 16 visuals for our book. I have categorized my content into 3 chapters.

Chapter 1 - Hello! K Beauty
Chapter 2 - The 10 Steps Routine
Chapter 3 - SPF

Final content categorize in different chapters:



Final Content Embedded 


FEEDBACK

Week 2
Mr Vinod suggested me to try use photography as my visual and he asked me highlight the part that I wanted to visualize.

Week 3
I have shown Mr Vinod 2 types of styles I have chosen to my new topic/content. He said line art is too abstract to express/define K beauty, he said that one has to be drawn out.

Week 4
Mr Vinod said that we have to finish our visuals by next week so that we can start doing layout for our book. Specific feedback: No comment on the visuals but Mr Vinod told me to finish all the visuals by next week and he ensured me that I can finish it on time since I am drawing my own illustration.


REFLECTION

Experiences
I have experienced how on finding content of the book from different authors but under the same topic, which is K Beauty.

Observations
I have observed that our some of my course mates had found some different interesting topics online too.

Findings
I found that content of the book does not really matter. What really matter is how to apply layouts and design the visuals to make the book more interesting.


FURTHER READING

Comments

Popular Posts