Brand Corporate Identity - P1A (Presentation)


03/04/2019 - 10/04/2019 (Week 01 - Week 02)
Kitty Lai Yung Syn (0331933)

Brand Corporate Identity - Project 1A (Presentation) 


LECTURE 1
03/04/2019
Today Ms Lilian has cleared out all the assignments for this semester. She also briefed us on each project what to do and how to do it. So basically , there is no lecture on our first class.

LECTURE 2
10/04/2019
On this week, we were given a lecture on the history of brand. In the slides, we were given some very old but good example of old logos. Looking at there development and changes had made in it.




INSTRUCTION


MIB (PDF)


PROJECT 1A

Week 1:
In our first class, we were given a brief on this module and some work we have to do in each project. For our first project, we have to do a presentation. In the presentation, we have to identify brand, brand identity and branding. In addition, we have to do a case study on a brand.

Week 2:
Today is presentation day. Below is my slides and my research.


PDF Slides



PDF Research


FEEDBACK

General Feedback
Our case study could be more informative in overall of the company and as for our slides, it would be great if we had added more visuals to represent the brand itself.

Specific Feedback
For my slide I did an easy explaining in brand, brand identity and branding. However I have to do more research on the brand strategy. My case study are mainly looking at the logo. I should have do more research on the overall company and also it would be better if I could add in the story of Starbucks.


REFLECTION

Experiences
Throughout this presentation, I found it very interesting on what we have to in this module. The module has many work to be done but each of the homework or project we are doing now really help me in gaining more knowledge and I started to have a different perspective looking at logo and branding.

Observations
I have observed that I have had too focus on observing and comparing the logo. Case study should cover everything about that brand not only logo. My slides should add more information so people, who did not see my presentation, could also understand what I am doing in this project.

Findings
I found that, from this project I am more understand what is brand, brand identity and branding. Because of doing the research, I started to have a different perspective looking at logo and branding.


FURTHER READING




Brand Identity Essentials: 100 Principles for Designing Logos and Building Brandsby Budelmann, Kelvin, Wozniak, Curt, Kim, Yang

In this book, it start off by differentiating logos and brands. Logo is an image; the complementary elements and application decisions form a program; and the perception created by the picture and the program form the visual center of the brand.

Logo can be created by looking at shapes and patterns or texture surrounding us. It can be very effective to take shapes from a graphic ...



Comments

Popular Posts