Digital Photography and Imaging - Final




PROJECT 1
Recomposition of Jacek Yerka's Surrealistic Artwork

For this week, we were given Project 1. We were told to choose an artwork from Jacek Yerka's surrealism artwork and recompose in Adobe Photoshop using Stock Imagery from such stock image foundaries.

This is the picture I chose from Jacek Yerka. Above is the original picture. Below are my references and the progress of recreating my artwork.

























I had faced a problem in masking the texture of the river because I wanted it to look more chocolate. I tried lots of different kind textures but it looks fake and did not look chocolate river at all. So I tried to use stamp the texture from the cream on top of the cake, to create my own texture and apply onto the river. I am happy for the result! Satisfied!
Progress

Final Outcome
This is my final outcome! I am very satisfied with it, especially the shadows. This is what I wanted for my final outcome. I change it to become sunset because I am a sunset lover. I usually enjoy the sunset with music played back in my hometown. How lovely if I could live at place surrounded by cake and chocolate river, my family would never get hungry or thirsty.


FINAL PROJECT
Cinemagraph - Surrealistic Parallax

Finally we came to our final project! So, for our final project, we were to create a surreal artwork by taking our own photographs or recreate an artwork, just like the previous project. Them, we have to create a GIF on After Effect. Below are the artworks that inspired me.
Below are my references and progress:






I chose the third art piece from above. I get the inspiration and idea on reflecting the behaviors of a Chinese girl. (I did some research and the APA links were pasted on my google slide).


Researches:



Life, C. W. (1970, January 01). Chinese women´s life. Retrieved from http://chinesewomenslife.blogspot.com/2010/10/traditional-role-of-women-in-china.html


Women in Traditional China. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://asiasociety.org/education/women-traditional-china


Hays, J. (n.d.). CHINESE WOMEN: THEIR STATUS, CONFUCIANISM AND VILLAGE LIFE. Retrieved from http://factsanddetails.com/china/cat4/sub21/item105.html

  So from what I understand from the research and what I learned in high school, the traditional Chinese girl was living a life like a prison. This is because, the traditional Chinese girls were portrayed. They were afraid of their husbands and had to follow everything the husband said. There were too many examples. From these examples, we could see how a person desperate freedom.





Progress 1

Progress 2

Progress 3


PDF File

First attempt
Second attempt

Final outcome

The woman in Chinese traditional Chongsam is giving up her life just to pursue freedom. The water reflecting a sky which shows freedom.

Progress in GIF

I had failed many many times on animating this water ripple effect. I tried 'Ripple' and 'Radio Waves'. I found that radio waves was easier to create the effect I wanted. Above is my progress shown in GIF.


Comments

Popular Posts