Illustration & Visual Narrative - Final

Kitty Lai Yung Syn, (0331933)
Illustration & Visual Narrative

Project 1
Character Design
26/3/2018 - 7/05/2018 (week 1 - week 7)

In this project, we were asked to design our own vormator by using Adobe Illustrator.

Process and tryouts:
The first one I did was a cute water droplet. I wanted to design it like the middle part of its body is empty but it has too many issues and Mr Kanan tried to help me too.

The one in the middle is a trying out, an exploration of colors and the shapes given.
References:







I found the background size from references.





So what I did is a cute sausage! I like cute things and what I could imagine, when I was looking at the shapes given, is sausage.

Mr Hafiz brought us to Isetan Fabspace. We were taught on how can our artwork be done in different materials and how the machines work. It was fun because I like going out with the whole class, went to a new environment to learn. So, I chose laser to do my sausage.


Project 2
The Decisive Moment (Urban Legend)

In project 2, we were required to do research on urban legends and animate it. I did some research but most of them are scary story and so I chose is about the kids in the kindergarten were spreading the rumor of X brand fast food burger meat was made by rat meat, horse meat and etc. I chose rat and kids in my artwork.
1st idea (sketch)


2nd idea (sketch)

3rd Idea (sketch)

4th Idea (sketch)

Moment to Moment 1st try
 After letting Mr Kanan checked, he told me that, if I wanted to create a very smooth moment to moment scenes, my movement might be too much, too much of frames. So, I did some small changes in the rat movement and I changed the background because the first background idea is too plain and seems not relating because I want to show the location is a fast food counter.

Final idea (sketch)

Moment to Moment 2nd try
Moment to Moment:
The rat is clapping while looking at the dead rat inside the burger, and the kids' eye become bigger, to show they are shocked to see the rat on the counter.


PDF File

Final Outcome


Final Project
Front and Back, Back and Forth



Sketch

Sketch


 Below are some references and process: (In PDF File)


PDF File



Scene 1

Scene 2

Scene 3

Scene 4

Scene 5

Scene 6

Scene 7
Scene 8
Scene 9
Scene 10
I am enjoying doing this final assignment. I learnt a lot from this assignment because this is my first time doing a tunnel book and the first time using MadeFire. Although this is my first using Madefire, but everything went very smooth.

Link to Final Outcome on MadeFire:
http://content.madefire.com/s-4c767e860e3f4a098ebf4ac59e939344/index.html#

Comments

Popular Posts